In recognition of 2011 coming to an end I wanted to start a little series for the rest of the December called the “2011 Top 5.... ”. This will include my top 5 books, music, outfits, blogs, buys etc. I think it will be a fun little catalogue of some of my favourite things from this year. Feel free to play along on your own blog or in the comments. Today I am starting with one of my all time favourite things, books! And just a little side note I have been a little sneaky and done books I read in 2011 and not books wrote in 2011.
5. Unsticky: Sarra Manning - I loved this book because it was so easy to read, a little bit silly and perfect for a Summer holiday.
4. The Gargoyle: Andrew Davidson - this book was so different to anything I have read and kept me intrigued though out, though some what disappointed with the ending, definitely worth the read.
3. Fallen: Lauren Kate - this year has seen me continue my obsession with 'young adult' literature. Out of all the series I started this year, this is my favourite, mainly due to my crush on Daniel!
2. The Slap: Christos Tsiolkas - this book gave me so many different emotions and left me questioning Australian society - I like a book that makes you think.
1. The Help: Kathryn Stockett - despite attempting to avoid the hype around this book, I caved and am so glad I did. A wonderful storyline with great characters, read quickly and completely enjoyed.
What were your favourite books this year?