I know, I know another resolution post - are you sick of them yet? I have to say I have been a little bit sneaky and reading everyone else's posts to inspire me and help me reflect on what I want from this year.
For me 2012 was a year where I made foundations, I committed to relationships, I became more financially responsible, I made wiser health decisions, I followed some dreams and sadly realised I had to let some go - I kind of sorted out all the boring stuff! In 2013 I really want those adult decisions to start paying off a little bit.
So below is the 13 things I want to accomplish in the coming year - some are goals, some are resolutions but in the end I hope it turns out to be one fantastic year (I am a little superstitious and worried about this whole 13 business but fingers crossed).
1. Prioritise my relationship - knowing that Brendan loves me no matter what sometimes means I put other things first but I know that our relationship should come first.
2. Go overseas - yeah I need to stop banging on about this and book our tickets.
3. Go to bootcamp three times a week
4. Read 12 books - I use to read a book a fortnight, but I have been reading the last book I started for 6 months, I need to prioritize
5. Be financially chic - being financially responsible makes me feel much more secure I want to keep building on these good habits
6. Shop for quality not quantity - this kind of builds on the previous goal - I love shopping but I need to shop smarter and not shop on impulse (or if I am impulsively shopping buy something I need)
7. Build our own piece of furniture - inspired by this post, I really want to make something myself.
8. Blog consistently and passionately
9. Take more photos and improve my skills
10. Build Time After Tea vintage (this is so vague but I haven't quite figured out the specifics yet, even if it is learning to sew so I can do my own alterations)
11. Be more spontaneous
12. Buy a home - yeah this one is probably the most aspirational but you never know.
13. Slow down - not necessarily do less, but appreciate the moment instead of worrying about the future
So some of these are quite specific and some are quite broad but I really want to capture the things that are important for me in 2013. What are your goals for the year?